Update 11.2.5 is rolling out live with multiple backend updates, some of which include network stability in battle scenarios. This update also includes a major revision to Oil with increased resource generation and how looting Oil from an enemy base works.
Many of you have been very vocal in asking for an update to Oil, a resource that is a necessity at higher ages as it helps to train some of the most impactful units in your Army compositions. We agree that as we continue to add Ages, they continue to gain more dependency on this resource exclusively. We’ve come to a point where updating how you collect this resource is also in need of an update to continue to remain on pace with each subsequent update and to improve the future state of DomiNations.
In the Oil Update, you can expect the following changes:
- Increased Oil Storage and Oil Generation
- Reducing the amount of Oil Stolen at earlier Ages from Defending bases while keeping the amount Attackers steal the same.
- Originally, at base value Attackers could steal half of the available Oil in a Defending base across all Ages. With this update, we’ve reduced the base value amount starting at 25% for an Enlightenment Age base and then increasing with each age up to Digital. Steal-able Oil from Digital to Drone Age will remain at 43% with this update.
- Attackers will have an increased amount of Bonus Oil when Attacking Bases.
With these changes, earlier Ages will see the most dramatic differences in their Oil resource. We hope this helps players have an easier time Aging up from Enlightenment and beyond. Once you start researching and improving your Units at this Age, Oil continually becomes a necessity to make improvements. This update should help to explore the possibilities at a faster pace while preparing to Age up.
Additional fixes alongside update 11.2.5 include:
- Improved messaging around instances where retraining isn’t available
- To remove the confusion from the current Network Disconnect “Yellow Circle”/Retrain issues, we’ve implemented messaging when a troop is untrainable. Now the Retrain button will appear disabled, and when selecting it, you will see a window that shows what upgrade is blocking your ability to Retrain.
- Fixed an issue where Bastion placement could cause issues with placing other structures
- Fixed issues surrounding some unit art that was not appearing as their correct Age